Love my Lohengrin opera bracelet. I have been wearing it to the opera and everyone is impressed with how well it reflects the opera storyline. Nice and sparkly too. Really enjoying it.
Made to order archived design 2-3 weeks for delivery! Beads and charms can become unavailable over time. All effort will be made to come as close as possible to the photographed design. Coupons do not apply.
Wagner’s mystical fairy tale, Lohengrin is a story of the power of faith, love, promises and spells. It shows us a world where faith is rewarded, prayers are answered with speed, good triumphs over evil and happy endings are more than bittersweet. Beloved for its strong images, drama and moral lessons, its famous bridal march holds a sentimental place on everyone’s heart.
Each bead and charm of the Lohengrin Opera Bracelet represents a character or moment from the work. Some of the most important beads and charms are described below and you can see all of the symbolic descriptions on the spiral chart photo above or to the left. Also, a story chart explaining the symbolism of the beads and charms accompanies every bracelet. See the story chart below click the upper right corner for a larger view.
- Neutral colors evoke the misty fairy tale atmosphere.
- Innocent Elsa is a clear glass bead which is rainbow finished, indicating the strength of her faith.
- The pure knight Lohengrin is represented by a silver crystal indicating Lohengrin’s nobility and near magical qualities.
- King Henry is a gold glass pearl, Telramund is a fluted bronze colored glass bead and his evil wife Ortrud is a fluted black bead.
- A gold and purple swirled bead symbolizes the pivotal promise while a black double cone bead is the revenge sought by Ortrud and Telramund.
- Clear iridescent hearts signify the famous bridal march
- Young Gottfried is white glass pearl in his swan form and a small clear matching the Elsa bead when he is released from the spell.
- Special touches include: Impressed cross beads which indicate faith and prayer and a delicate pewter dove bead.
- Lohengrin the knight
- The swan
- The Grail
- An angel wing.