10 years ago, I launched Opera Bracelets with an inspired idea and a lot of faith and hope in YOU - the lover of opera and the arts!
I knew that opera fans were passionate and deeply invested in these beloved stories and that, like me, they probably would enjoy an item connecting them specifically to these operas. You see, in the opera shops at the time, there just wasn’t anything like jewelry that celebrated individual operas.
- 2010 - We launch with 8 bracelet designs: The four Ring operas, La Boheme, Madama Butterfly, Aida and The Magic Flute.
- Many opera lovers request bracelets representing different operas and the collection grows.
- Along the way, “Inspired By…” bracelets are developed to celebrate individual arias, characters and opera moments.
- Customers demand bracelets for other popular works such as Phantom of the Opera, Les Miserables, The Wonderful Wizard of Oz, The Nutcracker and Handel's Messiah – I am happy to oblige them!
- 2013 – The Met Opera Shop begins carrying Opera Bracelets.
- 2018 – I launch a popular Opera Earring collection and earring club.
- 2019 - I meet artist Julie Anna Lewis; by autumn we were carrying her beautiful Opera Scarves!
- 2020 - By popular demand, I launch a new line of jewelry to celebrate opera, popular literature/theater works and beloved holiday productions: Opera Necklaces! Click here to see the Necklace Collection
I am so humbled and grateful for this journey creating something that people find so meaningful. It still amazes me that people in all 50 states and 21 foreign countries have purchased my jewelry.
Of course, I didn’t get here alone, I thank God, my wonderful and supportive husband Andrew, my right-hand women Ava and Maggie and one Richard Wagner because all of this started with The Ring. (Click here to read about the origins of Opera Bracelets).