I've a few of Cindy's bracelets now - they just never disappoint and this one is just stunning. The four strands have just about every colored bead, the lovely heart, clock, goblet and scroll charms are perfect and it's one I will be wearing a lot. It just lights up my wrist - gorgeous.
Donizetti's comedic love story is a beloved favorite. Humble Nemorino pines after his adored Adina, convinced only a love potion can make her see how much he loves her. It turns out he is right, but not in the way he first thought. The "amazing" Dr. Dulcamara and blustery Sergeant Belcore drive the action, a convenient death gives Nemorino status and the young lovers reach their happy ending in short order!
Each bead and charm of the The Elixir of Love Opera Bracelet represents a character or moment from Donizetti's work. Some of the most important beads and charms are described below and you can see all of the symbolic descriptions on the spiral chart photo above or to the left. Also, a story chart explaining the symbolism of the beads and charms accompanies every bracelet. Click here to see the chart.
- A tiny red heart and grape colored oval bead symbolize the Elixir, along with goblet, grape and wine bottle charms.
- Adina is represented by an elegant glass pearl; Nemorino is a purple glass bead with a golden finish symbolizing his humble status with wealthy potential.
- Belcore is a vibrant red bead while the rich uncle is represented by a gold bead and "coins" to indicate his wealth.
- Red millefiore beads (heart and square) symbolize the prospect of Adina's Wedding to Belcore.
- Dr. Dulcamara is a milky bead with iridescent finish to indicate his almost "magical" powers of healing. The clock charm symbolizes his claim that the Elixir will take 24 hours to be effective (as he will then long gone when it is revealed he is a quack).
- A blue droplet bead evokes the touching aria "Una furtiva lagrima", while a large blue cloisonné bead represents the flowering of Adina and Nemorino's love. A Marriage license charm symbolizes their wedding.