New Year’s Resolutions don’t have to be a drudge that you know you are going to fail at.
Instead, they can be fun!
Let's make Opera New Year’s Resolutions – operas, genres or composers we want to experience or learn more about in the upcoming year.
- Explore Baroque or Bel Canto Operas
- Learn about different vocal types
- Delve into Wagner’s Ring
- Focus on an individual composer you want to know more about from Handel to Glass.
Clearly you want to watch and listen to operas, but you can also include articles, biographies, history and culture of an era, etc.
Make this your ______ Year!
Mine is a Donizetti Queens Year. There are three operas to learn about musically as well as a great deal of history to accompany it! As a bonus the Verdi operas Don Carlos and Ernani are both also set in this era!
Plus – there is currently a lot available to immerse myself in the era.
- Reign on Netflix (a TV series about young Mary Stuart - not exactly a history lesson but very fun)
- Elizabeth R (a Classic series from 1971 currently available on Britbox)
- Let’s not forget the recent classic series The Tudors
- Also I may check out this book -The Tudor Kitchen: What the Tudors Ate & Drank
Whatever operas or artists you decide upon for your Opera New Years Resolution, you can find what you need on Opera on Video as a starting point!
Happy Opera New Year to all!