Love the story as told with the artistry.
Strauss’s comedy operetta Die Fledermaus is one of the most beloved works in the opera repertoire: A sparkling tale where everyone pretends to be something or someone they aren’t. Champagne forms almost the central character of this bubbly piece as we see the joys and pitfalls of too much drinking. We learn the fateful lesson-when you play a joke on a drinking buddy… you had better just watch out for his revenge. AND most of all remember “Friends don’t let friends dress up as bats”.
Each bead and charm of the Die Fledermaus Opera Bracelet represents a character or moment from the work. Some of the most important beads and charms are described below and you can see all of the symbolic descriptions on the spiral chart photo above or to the left. Also, a story chart explaining the symbolism of the beads and charms accompanies every bracelet. Click here to see the chart.
- Rosalinde is represented by a lovely rose colored glass pearl reflective of her name.
- Eisenstein who is so full of anger at so many things is a fiery faceted ruby glass. Falke the “Bat” is a shimmering black cat’s eye.
- Sparkling Adele is a fluted iridescent bead; her famous laughter is symbolized by 3 small iridescent crystals.
Many appropriate charms enhance this piece:
- Grapes indicate Alfred’s entreaties that Rosalinde should drink her cares away. An intricate antique style champagne bucket symbolizes Count Orlofsky’s fantastic party, while champagne glasses represent the giddy dancing crowd.
- Other charms include Rosalinde’s mask, Eisenstein’s watch (a pocket watch charm that actually opens up!), the bat, and a champagne bottle.
- Other special touches include a dove shaped bead to indicate Alfred serenading his lost dove and a “?” bead to symbolize Frank’s bafflement when Eisenstein presents himself for arrest.
Wow, this bracelet is beautiful. I bought it as a gift for a friend and she is gonna love ❤️ it! Also received a lovely personal note from the artist with a small treat. Thank`you!
I must admit that I was shaking, AND developed tears in my eyes, as I opened this beautiful and quality wrapped package, BECAUSE I COULD NOT BELIEVE HOW BREATHTAKINGLY GORGEOUS this bracelet was to my eyes!!!! THIS, and ALL OPERA BRACELETS, are MUST HAVES!!!! PLEASE consider ordering. You will NOT be disappointed! Thank you.
I'm singing Rosalinda at my college this year and my parents purchased this for me for a Christmas gift and I absolutely LOVE it! Before I noticed the card with the explanation of the charms I was looking at them and laughing at the references. I told them they are more than welcome to buy more bracelets for me and my Dad remarked that I would have to earn them and that they are way better than flowers and I couldn't agree more :)
This beautiful bracelet was given to a marvelous student of opera for an opening night gift. She loves it and receives many complements on it. Excellent design. Thanks!