Quality, Creativity and Beauty is this fine jewelry. I am always so thrilled to purchase this fine jewelry for myself as an opera lover and I am proud to give as gifts to friends and family.
Whimsical fairy tale or deep Masonic mystery?
Whole books have been written on this subject and the jury is still out on what it all means… But suffice to say this tale of darkness and light, good and evil, and the trials to enlightenment or reward is one of the world’s beloved operas: Mozart’s The Magic Flute. Mysterious ladies slay a serpent; a prince falls in love with a portrait; a queen holds sway over the night, wise priests guide all and a simple bird catcher finds himself called to a higher purpose. In the end despite the twists and turns, the story is simple-the magic of love conquers all.
Each bead and charm of The Magic Flute Opera Bracelet represents a character or moment from the work. Some of the most important beads and charms are described below and you can see all of the symbolic descriptions on the spiral chart photo above or to the left. Also, a story chart explaining the symbolism of the beads and charms accompanies every bracelet. Click here to see the chart.
- A pyramid charm sets the tale in mythic Egypt
- A birdcage charm represents birdman Papageno
- A cameo is the portrait that entrances Tamino.
- Cobalt blue crystals and opalescent stars and moon represent the Queen of the Night
- A pink opalescent crystal bead is the Princess Pamina.
- Wise Sarastro is symbolized by a large luminous white cat’s eye
- The 3 guiding youths are small sky blue beads.
- Various heart beads evoke the power of love that flows through the entire opera.
- A long gold bead represents the magic flute, along with a red fiery bead and blue droplet bead it represents Pamina and Tamino’s success in their trials of fire and water.
- Tiny bells signify Papageno’s magic bells
- A radiant golden sun charm symbolizes the triumph of light over darkness.
A stunning presentation!
This beautiful bracelet is loaded with charms and you really can follow Tamino on his journey. It is a wonderful representation of The Magic Flute.
I can hardly wait to give this as the Christmas gift I have planned, as i KNOW that it will be adored and cherished....yet, I am Sad, because now, I WANT ONE for myself! This bracelet is meticulously assembled, beautifully designed, illustrated and narrated. Delivery was prompt, as advertised .... I will be ordering again and again and again.....
Such a beautiful and unique celebration of opera......womderful idea and craftmanship!