What a wonderful way to tell a story! Fantastic product...would highly recommend!
The Wonderful Wizard of Oz Bracelet tells L Frank Baum's iconic story through symbolic beads and charms. This unique handmade piece makes a meaningful gift for fans of this story.
Each bead and charm of The Wonderful Wizard of Oz Bracelet represents a character or moment from the story. Some of the most important beads and charms are described below and you can see all of the symbolic descriptions on the spiral chart photo above or to the left. Also, a story chart explaining the symbolism of the beads and charms accompanies every bracelet. Click here to see the chart.
Please Note: Opera Bracelets contain small delicate parts and are not intended for children.
- Everything is described as gray in the world of Dorothy’s Kansas, so I chose gray glass beads to symbolize Uncle Henry and Aunt Em.
- Dorothy is a small faceted blue bead indicating her blue gingham dress.
- Toto is a tiny black oval bead, further represented by a dog charm.
- I used a swirled iridescent grey bead is the cyclone which takes Dorothy and Toto away to the land of Oz (a multi colored flowered bead to indicate this lush and colorful realm).
- Blue beads represent the Munchkins, as this is their emblematic color in the book.
- A pearl is the wise old Witch of the North. Tiny silver beads are the Silver Shoes in the book (along with a silver shoes charm). No ruby slippers in the book!
- Square glass beads evoke the Yellow Brick Road.
- Charms and beads represent Dorothy’s three friends, the Scarecrow (blue), Tin Woodman (chrome) and Lion (gold).
- Green beads symbolize Emerald City.
- A luminous white cats eye is the wise Wizard; this becomes smaller in size when the friends discover he is an ordinary a man.
- A black iridescent bead is the Wicked Witch. An aqua bead is the water that causes her demise. Her death is indicated by a flat black disc.
- As the Wizard fulfils the friend’s requests, a green bead represents the lion’s courage (a green drink in the book); a red glass heart bead is the Tin Woodman’s heart; a bright glass star is the Scarecrow’s brain.
- Glinda the Witch of the South is a sparkling round glass crystal,
- Three bi-cone crystals indicate Dorothy tapping her heels together three times to return home.
Other charms on the bracelet include:
- The Wicked Witch
- The Winged Monkeys
- The Wizard’s Balloon
- The house in Kansas
Atlanta daughter very pleased
This bracelet is absolutely exceptionally outstanding! It is well made and of extremely high quality.... an incredibly unique and personal piece. My wife is a Kansas girl raised from the time she was 4 and she identifies with her home. She is still upset that Gone With the Wind beat out the Wizard of Oz for the Oscar. This will bring tears to her eyes. Can't wait for Christmas.
I first saw this bracelet a year ago, and it has been on my mind ever since. After being unable to talk anyone into purchasing it for me for birthday, Christmas, St. Patrick's Day, or Blue Moon Monday, I bought it for myself. I am, simply put, over the Rainbow. The craftsmanship is amazing. I find myself walking through my favorite well-known story that is lovingly coiled around my wrist. Thank you, Cindy.
This bracelet is beautiful. I got so many compliments the very first day I wore it. Loved the cookie too!! Thank you Cindy
Love the OZ bracelet! Being from Kansas makes it even more special. With all the different colored beads you can wear it with everything. I recommend it, it's timeless. Thank you Cindy!
I am very pleased with the product. It is as described on the site. Great conversation piece. However one of the charms fell off the second day I wore it. Now afraid to wear it. Able to find charm and hopefully reattach. Would have not expected that to occur with this product. NOTE FROM OPERA BRACELETS: A new bracelet was sent out within 3 days of being notified of the broken charm. We stand by our products 100% and will fix any of our bracelets at no charge.
The Wizard of Oz bracelet is just perfect - exactly as described and beautiful. It cam quickly and was beautifully packaged. Cindy included a little extra surprise along with my shipment. I highly recommend this product.