If you’re an opera fan or have a lady that appreciates the opera, these items are perfect! My favorite opera is Lucia di Lammermoor and I selected and received it recently- All bracelets have items from the opera, and things that you’ll recognize the charms are from that opera! An opera lover’s perfect gift! I highly recommend getting one -or several for the opera lovers in your life! Ellen George, author
Donizetti’s tragedy Lucia di Lammermoor is always on Opera America’s list of the 20 most performed operas. Its gorgeous captivating music is contrasted with one of the foremost disturbing images in the opera world: a beautiful young girl in her long white wedding gown covered in blood. It’s a terrible tale of innocent love fallen victim to long blood feuds, manipulation and madness that culminates in murder and suicide. We pray along with those on stage that heaven will forgive them.
Each bead and charm of the Lucia di Lammermoor Opera Bracelet represents a character or moment from the work. Some of the most important beads and charms are described below and you can see all of the symbolic descriptions on the spiral chart photo above or to the left. Also, a story chart explaining the symbolism of the beads and charms accompanies every bracelet. Click here to see the chart.
- A glass sea opal bead which captures the light around it symbolizes Lucia whose name means light.
- Emerald green fluted beads are chosen to represent the Ashton/Lammermoor Clan and sapphire blue fluted beads are the rival Ravenswoods. Blood red twisted oval beads indicate the strife and bloodshed between the two families.
- Gold glass hoops are the rings the lovers exchange; a pewter heart bead with impressed celtic knot design symbolizes their eternal love vows.
- A watery disc with aqua teardrops indicates the sadness of the lovers to be separated.
- A crackled grey bead is the stormy night in which Enrico and Edgardo agree to duel.
- A bead with a red core overlaid with a crackle of gold signifies Lucia’s madness.
Charms on the bracelet include;
- The bull from which Edgardo saves Lucia
- Edgardo's diverted love letters
- The marriage contract
- The marriage license charm comes with a tiny heart dangling from it, but considering the situation this has been removed in favor of a “blood” droplet.
- Edgardo’s dagger
- A small Celtic cross to represent the people’s prayers
Everything about the products from Opera Bracelets is perfection. The Lucia Di Lammermoor bracelet is my seventh purchase. The products are always of the highest quality and arrive nicely packaged with the bracelet in a unique drawstring pouch. The box also includes a card describing the beads along with a personal 'Thank You' note from the artist. I love reading the description card about each of the beads while listening to the opera at home or before going to the theatre. The personal touches in the packaging are always nice too. I am a huge fan and highly recommend Opera Bracelets. I am looking forward to shopping for Opera Bracelet #8. Brava!
i was very impressed with the construction of the story card and placement of the charms...my husband and i went through the bracelet and story card when it arrived...lucia has always been my very favorite opera..i wear many bracelets (sometimes at one time)(lol)im concerened that the glass beads will scratch so i plan to wear it as a solo piece...i would have loved to have the bracelet as a chain link charm bracelet