I'm dazzled by it and Cindy's artistry! It's a haunting story, rather unsettling and the bracelet brings out all the beauty that Wagner put into it. Those opening French horns - you are there! On the stormy sea, riding the wild waves (he produced a similar atmospheric effect with Ride of the Walkurie), constant questing and then the hope and peace of love. I'm in love with the deep, clear blues and the final crystal heart breaks mine. Thank you, Cindy!
Made to order archived design 2-3 weeks for delivery! Beads and charms can become unavailable over time. All effort will be made to come as close as possible to the photographed design. Coupons and Sales do not apply.
Wagner's tale of a cursed sea Captain and the girl who is set on saving him is born in myths and legends of the sea. This iconic music is oft used in films and familiar to the ear. The opera is filled with moments of Gothic romance: Falling in love with a portrait; Dreams becoming reality; a strange ghost ship filled with undead sailors... It was my pleasure to chose beads and charms to evoke the dramatic story, creating this bracelet for you to "Remember the Moment".
Each bead and charm of The Flying Dutchman Bracelet represents a character or moment from Wagner's opera. Some of the most important beads and charms are described below and you can see all of the symbolic descriptions on the spiral chart in the photos or the written story chart below. (click upper right corner to view in full screen) A story chart explaining the symbolism of the beads and charms accompanies every bracelet.
- Swirling blue beads and nautical charms evoke the sea and its role int he destinies of Senta and the Dutchman.
- Clear glass and crystal hearts represent Senta's true and pure love.
- Blue beads represent Daland and his sailors, pink beads are the women of the village. A green bead indicates hunter Erik.
- A seashell represents the shore which the Dutchman can visit only every seven years in search of a true woman. Glass pearls represent the years.
- Black beads symbolize the Dutchman's curse. A black oval is the spooky song sung by the "sailors" of the ghostly ship.
- Further charms include: A spinning wheel (the spinning chorus); treasure (What the Dutchman offers for Senta's hand; an angel wing (the salvation of the Dutchman through Senta).