I'm very satisfied. It's exquisite. Thank you so much.
The Company that makes the specioal ceramic gingerbread house and gingerbread lady charms has closed. Any future design will need t o include different design elements.
Made to order archived design 2-3 weeks for delivery! Beads and charms can become unavailable over time. All effort will be made to come as close as possible to the photographed design. Coupons and Sales do not apply.
One of opera's enduring favorites is Engelbert Humperdinck's magical singular masterpiece Hansel and Gretel. For many introduced to opera at a young age, it is one of their first full opera experiences. Beloved is the tale of two bright children who, by keeping their wits about them, outsmart a dangerous predator. The story is based on Grimm's traditional fairy tale with a dark basis in historical facts, but it nevertheless has a hopeful message- "In times of need, heaven provides".
On Christmas Day in 1931, Hansel and Gretel was the first complete Metropolitan Opera radio broadcast performance.
Please Note: Opera Bracelets contain small delicate parts and are not intended for children.
Each bead and charm of the Hansel and Gretel Opera Bracelet represents a character or moment from the work. Some of the most important beads and charms are described below and you can see all of the symbolic descriptions on the spiral chart photo above or to the left. Also, a story chart explaining the symbolism of the beads and charms accompanies every bracelet. Click here to see the chart.
- Hansel is a small green bead while his sister Gretel (which means pearl) is a small pink glass pearl.
- Mother and Father are represented by larger green and pink pearl beads.
- A crackle bead symbolizes the crucial breaking of the milk jug while a creamy glass peal teardrop is the spilled milk.
- An elegant hand painted strawberry charm indicates Mother's decision to send the children to pick berries.
- The Sandman is a glittering oval gold stone bead while the Dew Fairy (who heralds the dawn by shaking dew drops from bluebells) is a blue glass flower with glass droplet bead.
- Fourteen golden crystals symbolize the fourteen angels who protect the sleeping children.
- Small brown beads represent the bewitched gingerbread children; blue and pink beads symbolize their release by Hansel and Gretel.
- A black bead represents the Witch, fiery colored beads surround the black bead to indicate the witch being pushed into the oven.
- Special ceramic beads evoke the gingerbread house and the baked gingerbread Witch.
Charms on the bracelet include:
- A music note to symbolize Hansel and Gretel dancing;
- Father's food basket
- An Angel;
- the Witch (The Witch's wand is a special long twisted black bead).
I have admired Opera Bracelets for quite some time and finally decided to purchase them as gifts. I loved this so much I bought one for myself too! The beads are even sparklier than in the photo and the charms really do tell the story. I couldn't be happier with this bracelet.