This is a beautiful bracelet for the oprea fan, or in this case, ballet lover. It is a little heavy but pretty just the same. The explanation card for the charms is perfect!
Tchaikovsky's tragic work is beloved by ballet fans all over the world. A prince finds his princess, but she is under a terrible curse. Only HE has the power to save her. Alas, he falls victim to the enchantments surrounding her, dooming her to be a swan forever. Desperate the lovers leap together into a stormy lake. Their deaths break the evil spell releasing the innocent swan maidens from their fate, making them human again...
Each bead and charm of the Swan Lake Ballet Bracelet represents a character or moment from the Tchaikovsky's ballet. Some of the most important beads and charms are described below and you can see all of the symbolic descriptions on the spiral chart photo above or to the left. Also, a story chart explaining the symbolism of the beads and charms accompanies every bracelet. Click here to see the chart.
- Prince Siegfried and the Queen mother are indicated by gold crystals.
- Elegant sparkling frost crystals symbolize Odette and the swans
- A black iridescent bead is sorcerer Von Rothbart, an iridescent Black crystal is his daughter Odile.
- The Love vow between Siegfried and Odette is a red glass heart. When he betrays her it is an iridescent black glass heart. An dark oval bead symbolizes Odette's doom to be a swan forever if the vow is broken.
- At large watery disc symbolizes the curse and a watery heart represents the breaking of this curse through a love sacrifice.
- Millifiore beads represent the national dances: red (Spain), white/red (Mazurka/Poland), green/white/red (Hungary), black with flower (Venetian/Neopolitan)
- Swan lake itself is indicated by an aqua disc.
Charms included on the bracelet include:
- A goblet (Dance of the Goblets)
- A swan
- An owl (Von Rothbart's disguise)
- Siegfried's dagger
- Ballerinas (the Swan Maidens; Ballet duo of Siegfried and Odile)
I purchased the Swan Lake Ballet bracelet for my granddaughter who dances with the Maryland Ballet Company in Annapolis, MD. It is perfect! I will be taking it to her as a gift following her performance. I am sure she will treasure it and associate it with fond memories of her days with the Maryland Ballet Company in years to come. Your attention to details and customer service are commendable. Thank you!