I love this bracelet! I purchased it as part of the Tosca Gift Set, so please see my complete and detailed review there.
Passion, jealousy, love, politics, religion, pure evil, torture, indecent proposals, betrayal, tragic sacrifice, stabbing, murder, suicide. THIS is Puccini’s Tosca, the tale of a talented singer pushed by the forces around her into an impossible position from which she lashes out with lethal results.
Full of historical detail, Tosca’s situations and emotions could as easily be pulled from a current newspaper. Laced with stunningly beautiful arias and heart piercing duets, the romance of this passionate love story and its tragic conclusion will be something you want to remember forever.
Each bead and charm of the Tosca Opera Bracelet represents a character or moment from the work. Some of the most important beads and charms are described below and you can see all of the symbolic descriptions on the spiral chart photo above or to the left. Also, a story chart explaining the symbolism of the beads and charms accompanies every bracelet. Click here to see the chart.
- A passionate red bead with a pink flower represents Tosca (drawn from her first name Floria meaning flowered).
- A blue bead encasing a pink flower represents Mario because Tosca is always in his heart.
- A black bead symbolizes the evil Scarpia, it is faceted because he is always working every angle.
- A black disc and black heart indicate Scarpia's twin desires to see Mario dead and Tosca in his arms.
- A green heart represents Tosca’s jealousy
- Tiny cat’s eye beads whimsically evoke Tosca's demand that Mario change his painted Mary Magdalene’s eyes from blue to black.
- Millefiore and embossed cross beads give an Italian feel
Charms on the bracelet include:
- The knife and candles from the dinner table
- Mario’s lunch basket
- The well in which Angelotti will hide
- A hand to evoke the aria “O dolci mani” (O sweet hands...)
- A star symbolizes "E lucevan le stelle" (the stars were shining...)
I hope the birthday recipient likes this Tosca bracelet as much as I do. It is just beautiful
I first bought Ballet, just "to see." I was so delighted that I immediately ordered two other bracelets, and I have my eye on two more! They come so beautifully packaged, with the story illustrated on a keepsake card. They would make memorable gifts! The quality is excellent: the charms are secure and have not caught on fabric, even sweaters. My friends are entranced by the beauty of the bracelets and by the way the story unfolds as the bracelet does.