I have several of Cindys bracelets and I adore them. I first learned about them at the boutique of Opera Birmingham (Birmingham, AL) several years ago. When she started making necklaces I thought I should have one so I bought Aida. I admit I got it to fill the area in a new v neck sweater and it is perfect. Making the charms set removable was a stroke of genius. I can wear it on a choker or on a longer chain. This makes the necklace more useful to me. I am certain this will not be my only opera necklace.
The Aida Opera Necklace represents the opera through meaningful beads and charms. A perfect gift for an opera lover!
- Pyramid - the setting of Egypt
- Ankh - the themes of life and death
- Heart - the love of Radames and Aida
- Pharaoh - Amneris's Father who inadvertently sets the tragedy in motion
- Isis - Amneris's final prayer for Radames
- Deep blue beads evoke deep blue lapis, a precious stone often used in ancient Egyptian art
- A scarab bead symbolizes the cycle of life
Necklace comes with gold finished brass Figaro chain. Note: The necklace element is designed to slip easily off the chain and onto a special chain of your own to style it in different ways. Charms are pewter. Beads are glass and crystal.